Thursday, March 3, 2011

Driving in Scotland

- If the signs do not indicate otherwise, drive on the left side of the road.
- You must have valid insurance. All drivers on the road must be insured.
- The car should have a a valid MOT test certificate issued by an authorized garage. MOT is valid for twelve months.
- You must have a disc supporting the payment of road tax (Tax Disc). The disc is valid for six or twelve months and must be placed on the windscreen. Driving without a disc or an invalid disc is a criminal offense. Tax rates depend on the size and age of car and can be checked on the DVLA website or at the local post office
- If you have a car, you must register it in the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).